The firm advises several national and international organisations on employment related issues, through litigation, consultancy and advisory transactions. We help companies, from start-ups to well established businesses in ensuring that they are compliant with labour and welfare laws. The Employment team consists of lawyers focused on providing advisory on employment laws and documentation including drafting of employment agreements, for clients on a wide range of employment and labour law issues.
Our dedicated team of lawyers are regularly consulted by several companies to ensure proper documentation of all employment related matters, such as offer and appointment letters, employment agreements, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, IP assignment, non-compete, non-solicit, non-poach agreements, termination, release and relieving, waiver letters.
We handle suits arising from employment matters, employment contracts. We issue and respond to legal notices arising out of employee misconduct, breach of agreements by employees, illegal acts by employees by email, social media posts, advise on negotiations with employees in cases of contentious termination to ensure smooth exit to avoid or minimize litigation in courts.
Our Range of Legal Services:
- Advising clients on relevant applicable Indian labour laws;
- Regulatory requirements mandated for employers;
- Employee manuals such as disciplinary manual, standing orders, etc.;
- Drafting & Review of Employment Agreements, Non-compete Agreements, Non-disclosure Agreements, Proprietary Information and Assignment Agreements, Separation and Termination agreements;
- As part of the Employment law services, we also assist our clients with structuring of employee stock option plans and share purchase schemes and advise on the applicability of various labour laws;
- Advising and drafting of exit documents of an employee;
- Drafting and issuance of Legal Notices and other notices as may be necessary based on the situation;
Other connected legal advisory services.
Our law firm has in-depth knowledge and expertise in all the areas of labour laws that are in force in India.
Why are we considered as a One Stop Solution?
- Our team of advocates and legal advisors actively participate with the companies which require any kind of labour related assistance i.e. starting from drafting of an agreement necessary for hiring of an employee till the exit formalities.
- We also assist our clients by appearing before the labour commissioner’s office and labour courts, wherein our clients are in employee related disputes.
- Advisory on steps to be undertaken before termination of employment to minimize the risk of legal action against the client.
- We also have empanelled experienced lawyers to appear before the Hon’ble High Court in case our clients need assistance.
- The year 2020 witnessed a sudden change in the lifestyles of working professionals due to the pandemic caused by the spread of the Covid-19 virus. The country was brought into a lockdown, and as a result, Companies were faced with numerous complaints filed before the labour commissioner. Our Clients reached out to us for assistance in dealing with these complaints. With our expertise, we have been effective in providing speedy assistance to our clients and helped them resolve the said matters amicably and without any hassle.
“One of the employees of our client was working from home during the lockdown period, and was provided with all appropriate facilities like WI-FI, laptops and other required necessities. In a span of few months, our client observed that the performance of the employee was not up to the required standard. expressed no dedication towards his work. Our Client eventually terminated the employee after having enough evidence that he had failed to provide his best services to our Client. e. Therefore, the employee filed a complaint before the labour commissioner. In the labour commissioner office, with our strategy and efficiency, we got our client out of the complaint and the same was resolved mutually”