Insolvency and Bankruptcy
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 has overhauled the existing framework dealing with insolvency of corporate, individuals, partnership firms and other entities. With the emergence of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016, there is a tremendous reform in the bankruptcy and insolvency process in India. The processes which took ages to conclude insolvency / bankruptcy, are now simplified and expedited, ensuring fair negotiations between debtor and creditor.
Our team has members who are registered as insolvency professionals under the Code and provide legal advice and services for all aspects of the insolvency law. Our Insolvency & Bankruptcy Team, shall play a vital role in providing appropriate support for Corporate as well as Individual insolvency and bankruptcy procedures and provide sustenance for creditors / debtors during troubled debt recovery in various areas of business. Our service offerings under this segment include:
- Consultancy Services on Insolvency and Bankruptcy to Debtors, Creditors and other Insolvency Professionals;
- Performing such roles and responsibilities as Interim Resolution Professional and Resolution Professional as has been laid down in the Code;
- Co-ordination with the Information Utilities as and when required and with Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India.
- Assistance in extension of period of Corporate Insolvency Process beyond 180 days;
- Assisting in Fast Track Corporate Insolvency Resolution Process;
- Appearance before the Tribunal – Adjudicating Authority.